Data is a valuable asset but how you use individuals’ personal data is a very sensitive issue and complying with data protection laws is not only a legal requirement but can make or break the trust of your customers and prospective customers and give rise to serious reputational issues.
We advise businesses on various data protection/GDPR issues including:
- Assessing and advising on a broad range of privacy, technology, and cybersecurity matters
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to mitigate privacy risks
- Conducting risk assessments, data protection impact assessments and legitimate interests assessments
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on data protection agreements, privacy policies, and other contracts and communications
- Serving as an advisor to various stakeholders to ensure compliance with global privacy requirements
- Evaluating and responding to data subject requests
- Training on the application of privacy-related laws, regulations and standards
We can also provide support to, or act as, your data protection officer and provide ongoing data protection training to your staff (something you need to ensure you do to demonstrate your compliance with data protection laws).
Our hourly rates range from £225 to £295 per hour (plus VAT). We charge for certain disbursements (such as train fares and photocopying). Where possible, we may offer fixed fees.