Lisa Downs – Solicitor and Managing Director
Having spent 20 years working in various London law firms, I decided to set up LJD Law Ltd in 2017 so that I could provide a more cost-effective and personal service to businesses than traditional law firms, and ensure that my work fitted around my family life.
My practice focuses solely on advising clients on data protection and general commercial matters (including outsourcing and public procurement). I advise a wide range of companies on their global GDPR compliance programmes (including drafting internal and external privacy policies, assisting with data subject access requests and advising on data breaches). I regularly speak on data protection matters.
I also have extensive experience of drafting, advising on and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including software licences, consultancy, application and software development, support/maintenance, professional services contracts, web design and hosting, and distribution/reseller arrangements.
I advise both private and private sector organisations, and I have worked in a number of sectors including technology, retail, travel, life sciences, media, financial services and government.
- 20+ years’ experience
- Certified International Association Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated team player who can identify and resolve legal and business issues efficiently, drive projects, and earn the confidence of partners across the business
- Can work independently but also part of a diverse and cross-jurisdictional team
- Experience of working with matrixed, cross-department and cross-functional teams
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects simultaneously – whilst remaining calm, controlled and resilient
- Able to translate a wide variety of principles as well as complex, legal, and technical requirements into actionable solutions for the business
- Quick, clear, and concise legal advice
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills